There’s nothing like being stuck in a monsoon in a speedboat to bring people together

As I sit here writing this, we’re on the plane flying back to Bangkok from Krabi. My phone has decided that it needs to ruin my dreams of being a celebrity instagrammer and that it needs to alternate between the Apple Logo and a blue screen (sidenote, if anyone knows how to fix this please holla bc my phone is my 6th appendage.)

Anyway, enough of my shitty luck with phones and back to today. Katelyn and I had decided last night that we would get up early and hike to the Railay viewpoint before we headed to Hong Island. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men. We ended up sleeping through the alarm and got up just in time to pack and head to the pier to go to Hong.

We met Leem, the wonderful man who arranged all our tours at his office and he took us to Railay West to meet our speedboat. Within the first 15 minutes of being on the boat our tour guide Honey turn around and said “The Rain Come”. We didn’t think too much of it until we were in the middle of a monsoon. Thank god Katelyn and Sabah brought their beach mats because they provided amazing shelter for our new Spanish friends and us. It also made us low-key celebs with the chinese tourists on the boat, but you wont see me complaining about that.

As we approached the Hong Lagoon the rains stopped and the skies cleared allowing us to enjoy the natural beauty of the lagoon. We toured the lagoon and then headed to Ko Pak Bia for a beach break. Now, stupid me packed my swimsuits in my bag that I left at the hotel. So, I just read on the beach and listened to my music. About 40 minutes later we headed back to the boat and cruised over to Paradise Island.

Here, we ate lunch and I accidentally passed out for a good half an hour. Groggy, we headed back to the boat to head to our final stop, Ko Hong Beach.

We made it there safely and immediately hit the beach. Luckily, I didn’t have my swimsuit on as Katelyn said that the water was full of rocks and coral. We spent about 2 hours here and as we were leaving we noticed that the sky had begun to cloud over. As soon as we got on the boat, it started to rain again. BUT, this time we were prepared. Fortunately, it didn’t rain as forcefully or as long as the first time so we were able to enjoy the cruise back to Railay.

We manded in Railay 30 minutes prior to when we were told we would, which allowed us to head back to the hotel so the girls could shower,etc. (No complaints here, they needed it). After drying off, Katelyn and I rearranged our bags and waited for Sabah so we could head to the airport.

The return journey to the airport was the same, and included everyone’s favourite ocean tractor. We were a little early to the airport so I brought out my deck of cards and we played President until it was time to board.

This brings us to full circle… in a similar manner to what my phone is still doing. Seriously, if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know because I would love you forever.

Now – Katelyn and I are off to Myanmar in the morning and really don’t know what the connectivity situation is going to be like. I’m going to write posts daily, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to post them. So, If I can’t, expect a doozy of a post as soon as we get WiFi.

Ok, back to crying over my phone. À Bientot!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s